1.2. Please note: this policy does not cover the privacy policies of third parties or any websites or applications referred to through hyperlinks on our website.
2. Who is responsible for the processing of your data via the website?
We (Nobi). We are the so-called ‘controller’. This means that we determine the purpose and means of the processing and guarantee the lawful and correct processing of your data via our website.
3. How do you contact us?
Legal form: BV
Company name: NOBI
Trademark / brand name: Nobi
Head office: Coebergerstraat 49 box B
Company registration number (CBE): 0849.279.441
Hyperlink website: https://nobi.life
You can contact our Data Protection Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. What kind of data do we process, and how?
4.1. Nobi processes the following data via the website:
- Identification data:
- Surname, first name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Electronic data:
- Device data, log file data such as IP address, browser and operating system
- External websites
- Pages visited (and date and time of connection)
- Data regarding occupation and job (position)
5. Why do we process your data and on what basis?
5.1. Nobi processes your personal data for:
- Contact, enquiries, information: We process your personal data via the website in order to be able to contact you, process any questions you may have and provide you with the necessary information about our products and services relating to the Nobi lamp, any promotions, discounts, our website or other information relating to our activities. The processing of your data for these purposes may be necessary to prepare a possible agreement with you, or it may be based on the legitimate interests of Nobi to the extent that these outweigh your (privacy) rights or interests. If you do not provide us with certain information, such as your identification data, we may not be able to contact you or provide you with a quote and thus provide products or services to you.
- Direct marketing: Your data may be used for direct marketing. This is to send you, via our newsletter or other means, information about our Nobi lamp or additional information that could be interesting or useful to you.
If you are a customer of ours, this can be done on the basis of our legitimate interests to do business, which may outweigh your (privacy) rights or interests. If you are not a customer of ours, we need your prior consent (e.g. by registering on our website). Your consent is non-binding and can be withdrawn at any time.
Ensuring the optimal functioning of our website:
When you visit or consult the Nobi website, we may process certain electronic data such as cookies and your IP address (see section 4.1 above). Cookies facilitate the interaction between you as a visitor and our website. They are used to improve the user experience and for the collection of statistics related to website visitors. Cookies also allow us to store your personal settings and preferences related to whether images and sound can be played. Certain cookies may be installed by a third party, e.g. Google Analytics, to measure the use of our website.
The possible transmission to our web administrator or hosting provider or other IT partners in the context of the use of the website for the implementation of the previous points.
5.2. The processing of your data via the website shall not be subject to so-called ‘automated individual decision-making’ or profiling.
6. Who else receives or processes your data (in addition to Nobi)?
6.1. Your data is primarily also processed by our partners, service providers or suppliers with whom we work in connection with the website, e.g., our web administrator(s), hosting provider(s) and/or IT partners, who only process your data in connection with your visit to and use of our website.
6.2. We are not responsible for the processing of your data by third parties that do not process this data on behalf of Nobi, but are responsible for this themselves.
6.3. Nobi can be obliged to provide your data or process it due to a legal obligation and/or in response to a request from supervisory authorities or government bodies.
7. Is your personal data transferred outside of the EU/EEA?
No. Your data will not be transferred outside the EU/EEA (the website is hosted within the EU/EEA).
8. How long do we keep your data?
9. What are your rights?
9.2. You have the right to request:
- access to your data: you can obtain one copy of the requested information free of charge. If you request additional copies, we can charge you a reasonable fee as an administrative expense;
- correction of your data (if necessary);
- deletion of your personal data if:
- the processing of such data is no longer necessary for the purpose(s) for which they were processed by us;
- you revoked a previously granted permission;
- you object to the processing by us;
- the personal data would have been processed by us unlawfully;
- this is necessary to comply with a legal obligation;
- or the personal data would have been processed in connection with an offer for online services to children.
restriction of the processing of data related to you.
- You have the right to obtain a restriction of the processing if you:
- dispute the accuracy of the data we hold;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of the personal data and instead request the restriction of its use;
- we no longer need these data while you still need these data for the establishment, exercise or substantiation of a legal claim;
- or pending an answer to the question of whether Nobi’s legitimate grounds outweigh yours or your (privacy) rights if you have objected to the processing on the basis of our legitimate interest.
9.3. You have the right to object to the processing of your data.
You can object at any time and free of charge to the processing of your data for direct marketing purposes. This can be done simply by letting us know via email@example.com and/or by unsubscribing on our website. This is also possible via the mailings (at the bottom of each mailing you will always find the option to unsubscribe). In that case, you will no longer receive newsletters from us.
9.4. You have the right to transfer your data (to another controller). This is only possible if the processing is based on your consent or if the processing is carried out by automated processes.
9.5. If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
9.6. In addition, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels – Tel: +32(0)2 274 48 00 – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org). In the event of a complaint, you can also contact Nobi: email@example.com.
9.7. Exercising your rights, as set out above, is always subject to the requirements and conditions established by applicable laws (such as the General Data Protection Regulation (the so-called ‘GDPR’)).
9.8. To exercise your rights, you can simply send a request to Nobi at firstname.lastname@example.org. You must provide sufficient identification when doing so. If we have reason to doubt your identity, we may ask you for additional information that is necessary to confirm your identity. We will usually request a copy of your identity card in order to verify who is actually making the request.